Highlights from a centenary symposium in Rome.
• Festive Bookshelf • Madam Wu Chien-Shiung: The First Lady of Physics Research • Time Reborn: From the Crisis of Physics to the Future of the Universe • The Adventurous Life of Friedrich Georg Houtermans, Physicist (1903–1966) • Allegro Neutrino ou L’attrape-temps • A Palette of Particles • The Scientific Sherlock Holmes: Cracking the Case with Science & Forensics • Books received
• Englert, Higgs and CERN receive the Prince of Asturias Award • Ukraine to become an associate member of CERN • APS announces winners for 2014 • IOP medals: from particles to the cosmos • Mikhail Shifman and Andrei Slavnov receive the Pomeranchuck Prize • Polish institute makes Guido Altarelli honorary professor • Fabiola Gianotti selected for UN's Scientific Advisory Board • First foreign-born IBS institute director • An umbrella symposium for the physics of multiparticle dynamics • European XFEL electron-injector installation • China’s IHEP celebrates its first 40 years • 'Israel at CERN' Industrial Exhibition inauguration • New series of summer schools starts in Oxford • Visits
The machine that set CERN on course to the ISR and LHC.
A series of upgrades will deliver many more protons.
November 19-22, 2013
InPAC 2013 is the sixth in the series of conferences on particle accelerators sponsored by Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences, DAE. The first conference of the series was held in 2003. Objective of the conference is to provide an excellent forum to exchange valuable experiences, new ideas and recent developments among the scientists and technologists, particularly younger generation, actively involved in the design and development of frontier technologies in the field of particle accelerators.
Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre
1/AF Bidhan Nagar, Kolkata – 700 064
The last date of acceptance of entries is closed.
Following are the important guidelines for the logo competition:
1. The logo should be in colour. The logo should be send in high resolution JPEG format. The subject of the email must mention "Logo Design for ISPA" and the e-mail must contain the Life membership no., entrant's name, address and phone number.
2. The logo should contain the Name of the Association in the text form.
3. The logo should reflect the main objective of ISPA to provide a forum of interaction and exchange of ideas for all persons, bodies,institutions working in the field of particle accelerator in India.
4. The logo can included a suitable motto preferably in an Indian Language.
Please note that:
There is no entry fee for the contest. Executive Committee reserves the right to reject all the Entries if none are found suitable. In such a case no prize will be given. No digital manipulation/tampering of an original design will be accepted. Entries conforming to given specifications will only be accepted. Prize will be given only after the receipt of the original award winning Logo design and the winning participant will be informed by the ISPA. The ISPA will retain the right to use the winning Logo in any manner it deems to fit.
With best regards,
ISPA Executive committee
We have one guest and no members online
- Web Links
- Articles View Hits