Recollections of when CERN was abuzz with the search for the W and Z.
• Imaging gaseous detectors and their applications • Books Received
• Engineering prize honours internet and Web pioneers • Awards • Imperial College celebrates Kibble’s 80th birthday • Ceremony marks completion of ALMA telescope
Upgrades are under way for the next 10 years of operation.
How ALICE finds out how much of a heavy ion takes part in a collision.
Following are the important guidelines for the logo competition:
1. The logo should be in colour. The logo should be send in high resolution JPEG format. The subject of the email must mention "Logo Design for ISPA" and the e-mail must contain the Life membership no., entrant's name, address and phone number.
2. The logo should contain the Name of the Association in the text form.
3. The logo should reflect the main objective of ISPA to provide a forum of interaction and exchange of ideas for all persons, bodies,institutions working in the field of particle accelerator in India.
4. The logo can included a suitable motto preferably in an Indian Language.
Please note that:
There is no entry fee for the contest. Executive Committee reserves the right to reject all the Entries if none are found suitable. In such a case no prize will be given. No digital manipulation/tampering of an original design will be accepted. Entries conforming to given specifications will only be accepted. Prize will be given only after the receipt of the original award winning Logo design and the winning participant will be informed by the ISPA. The ISPA will retain the right to use the winning Logo in any manner it deems to fit.
The last date of acceptance of entries is 31-05-2013.
With best regards,
ISPA Executive committee
Dear ISPA members,
It gives me immense pleasure to inform that Indian Society for Particle Accelerators (ISPA) has been finally got registered at the National level from Delhi. Society registration has come to existence wef. '04.02.2013' and documents to this effect vide Registration number S/ND/213/2013 have been received from the register office.
As on date, ISPA has ~300 life members from various institutions. There is need to further increase the strength of the society. Kindly request more and more colleagues from your institution to become life members of ISPA.
Presently ISPA life membership fee is only Rs. 500/-.
Cooperation from all is solicited.
With best regards,
Indian Society of Particle Accelerators(ISPA)
We have one guest and no members online
- Web Links
- Articles View Hits
The International Workshop on Future Linear Colliders LCWS2013 will be held at the University of Tokyo, 11-15 November 2013.
The official and worldwide handover ceremony of the Technical Design Report for the International Linear Collider will happen on 12 June 2013 in all three regions of the ILC. Many years of globally coordinated R&D culminate in the Technical Design Report, which presents the latest, most technologically advanced and most thoroughly scrutinised design for the potential next-generation particle collider to complement and advance beyond the physics of the Large Hadron Collider at CERN. In a global event starting in Japan and ending in the United States, scientists and their guests will celebrate this achievement in symposia, public events, receptions and a series of handover ceremonies. Event page - Contact information for the media - Event poster (pdf) - Information for sponsors Event sponsors for the European Event: